Onduvilla is an elegant, lightweight tile, which is a premium product of the Onduline Group, in production since 1950.
The onduvilla tile is 106 x 40cm in size and is corrugated. The tiles are produced by applying extreme pressure to bitumen saturated organic fibres (totally asbestos free!). Installation of the onduvilla is often on wooden support structures.
- Extremely attractive - the shaded colour system used to create the tiles means that each tile is slightly different in colour, giving the roof texture
- Cost effective - requires minimal care & maintenance
- Lightweight - therefore suitable for light substructures and even lapa's
- Flexible - has the ability to bend and shape to any roof structure and does not crack
- Waterproof - even in extreme temperatures
- Corrosion resistant
- UV reistant
Onduvilla can be installed on new and existing, renovated roofs - it is suitable for conference centres, schools, government buildings, residential homes, lapas and more.
There is a 15 year guarantee on onduvilla tiles.
Onduvilla and Thatch Roofing
Onduvilla is a great roofing option for lightweight roof structures and conversions from thatch. Cinsa Thatching is the approved appilcator of Onduvilla roofing in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Similarly to thatch, Onduvilla is a premium roofing option.
Why does Onduvilla fit so well on a Roof Converted from Thatch?
Cintsa Thatching has been developing sytems to convert thatched roofs to onduvilla with minimal disruption to the building and home. The new roof is extremely attractive and requires minimal care and maintenance.
- Onduvilla is extremely attractive - the shade-coloured tiles give the impression of a traditional clay tiled roof and each tile is individual in colour.
- Flexible and light - can be shaped around the curves and contours of a lightweight timber thatched roof structure without loosing the shape of the original design but also looks great when applied to symmetrical and straight angled roof structures.
- Onduvilla is suitable for over-sheeting - if the thatch material is in a really good condition and shows no sign of rotting, onduvilla can be fitted over the original roof without having to strip the entire structure
- Matching nail safe-caps, ridging, valley and gutter accessories are available for onduvilla which fit perfectly into the roof design, allow for adequate drainage and prevents leakage around nail holes as well as looking great!
Applications of Onduvilla Roofing by Cintsa Thatching:
Thatch Roof Conversion to Onduvilla
Onduvilla can be installed onto the existing substructure of a thatch roof. The tile is flexible enough to follow the curves and contours of the roof keeping the aesthetics and lines of the design and meaning minimal alteration to the roof structure and building. Read more...
Lapa & Entertainment Areas in Onduvilla
Onduvilla is not only a premium roofing solution for large-scale buildings, it can be extremely effective for smaller structures such as lapas. In this case Cintsa Thatching can either build the structure from scratch, use the original thatch substructure, or adapt the structure to suit a new design. Read more...
Onduvilla on New Roof Structure
Cintsa Thatching can install onduvilla onto an existing symmetrical roof structure, can build the roof structure from scratch, or can adapt an old thatched roof substructure to create a straight edged, symmetrical roof shape. Read more...
For a quotation or advice on installing Onduvilla to your new or existing roof, call us on 082 780 5725 or email email@example.com.